Tuesday, December 03, 2013

3/12/13
Feeling belonged. Somewhat. Still adapting to the culture shock, but life is basically in mandarin or English now. Which isn't bad, I guess. Today, Alice came to find me again. I sort of felt strange at first because she was offering me lots of stuff. The first thing she said to me was " come with me to the photocopy room" then she was telling me that she is willing to take me shopping. I felt so blessed for a while.
Then I returned to the office only to realise that Julia said a lot of girls were looking for me. Too many scares me though. But at times, I wander whether I can maintain a long distance relationship? Will I be committed enough to? I wander how Sylvie Kwong does it... I wander.

Today I had Taiwanese fried chicken. The breast is really yummy and real, and the skin is light and crispy covered in the most loveliest msg powder. So called 七味粉. Tomorrow I'll be watching huger games for the second time. It's such a wonderful movie, but I am going to watch it hoping to be able to spend more time with my host! Good luck for your midterm exams man!! Best of luck.

2/12/13
Today was my first day teaching at school, and needless to say, I am astounded. The students in the high school have so much manners, and for the very first time in my life... People were curious to know who I am and what I do. Like a whole bunch of people from everywhere and wherever I went. Sort of made me feel popular. Okay I'm being cocky now.
But all in all, it was an amazing day. I met people from Guangdong, which I thought that I would never meet, who spoke Cantonese to me as well, and yeah. Maybe I get to know more people later. And life will be sweeeeet.

29/11/13
I got to Xinxin for the very first time since semester 1, 2013. We caught up by first shopping then eating korean food. Both I liked very much. The boss of the restaurant talked to us in korean, but I have eek to forgotten it all already despite the fact that I only had my exam only 2 weeks ago. What we never users will always be forgotten, maybe it's time to practice everything daily. Only then will I be able to improve myself. Good joke, I have been saying that every week to myself but it never happens. 
I started to become worry since my mandarin skills aren't strong. I know that my Chinese reading and writing is only capable for survival purposes, so yes I am a little bit worried. Hopefully the friends that make in Taiwan will help me. Seriously. 

28/11/13
Never would I have thought that the hunger game movie is so good!  Spent the whole morning of the day watching movie and eating at my cousin's house. Hunger game 1, at first I thought it was shit without even thinking, but then after, it turned out to be pretty good. Survival of the fittest, pretty much. Then at night time, my cousins and I instantly went over to the movie to watch the sequel. And had buffet. That luck. 
Next thing I did was bought my very first pair of running shoe. At first, I we as only looking for nike free runs as they are light, but I found that asics ended up being even lighter. It's just unbelievable. That bright green colour, make my day every single time I wear it. 

27/11/13
Wow, I finally got to walk along soho, where it has the longest escalator in Asia, and got shop around it. Had a really expensive Japanese lunch at 300hkd><. I'm slowly getting myself more and more use to this cold Asian environment. I think the cold weather only started last night, as wind was seeping through the gap of the door, and yes it was very very cold. And rainy. But more cold. 

Then last night, I was told by my aunt that I need to change my appearance. Apparently, I am going to go through a 360 degrees change so be warned when I come back. Obviously I am happy when someone said that to me... But she was giving me crap about the stuff I wear lol. Looks like I'm gonna turn back to Australia as a fob... Once again. 

Last nights dinner was very fruitful. Hotpot and beer inside a garage. How much more Asian can it get than that??? This is only the beginning of this trip. CIA nt wait to see what I have left :P

26/11/13
Spent the very first day of arriving at Hong Kong drinking like an ass already. Cheers to this trip. Despite having only 3 hours of sleep the night before, I still managed to stay up 20 hours and drink for the last couple of hours. The wonderful life of my aunties. Drinking everyday. Genius.